FBA private labeling tools

Sunday, April 24, 2011

My first garage sale hunt of the year along with finds & sales

This weekend was a great weekend for my first hunt. It was nice and sunny, which if you are familiar with the pacific northwest then you know that's a pretty big deal. I ended up spending a total of $100.00 when it was all said and done. I also learned about a prime spot for metal detecting so I am going to have to go check that out eventually. Ok lets get on with the finds shall we?

Vintage industrial style adjustable lamp

Danish Modern table lamp.  I wish I could have found the other one, but it was MIA.  I already have an offer for $25.00 for this lamp but I literally just listed it so I didn't take the offer.

Vintage TOKI mid century modern goose neck desk lamp.  

This is an interesting find.  Its an art deco goose neck desk lamp.  I am guessing its probably from the 40s.  The base is cast iron so its fairly heavy.


Vintage cosmo clock made in the USA.  Faux wood face with arcade like numbers, I am going to offer this one as a vintage gamer clock and use woody ( like the Atari) as one of the keywords.  Should be an easy sale.

Hollywood regency chic angel goddess wall plaques.  I just sold this exact pair for $38.00 so it was nice to find them again.

Homoco four seasons wall plaques.  There is a specific term for this style, I just can't remember what it is off the top of my head.  If anyone knows please leave a comment.

I have to do some more research on this clock but its Hollywood Regency and its called the Homestead clock made by Talley Industries. ( Made in the USA)




Vintage desk lamp with articulating arm.  I just sold the yellow version of this lamp for $39.99 so this one should be an easy sale.

This light fixture is probably from the 40s judging by the wiring.  I am listing it as Gothic Victorian.

This is another interesting light fixture.  This one is probably from the early 1900s judging the wiring and porcelain sockets.  Its  all brass with some sort of lacquer coating which is scrapped up.  This would be great as is or someone could paint it.


1ft retro funky mod Lucite candlesticks.  I have never seen any like these and there are none listed on eBay so we shall see if they sell.

Hollywood regency faux bamboo octagonal cocktail tray.  These seem to be fast movers, I have sold every one I have ever found fairly quickly.  


Well that's all for the finds as of right now.  I have a bunch more, but I have been listing all day, and I have not had a chance to take pictures of the other stuff.

Now I am going to go over some of my recent sales. (Not that there are very many, things have been SLOW lately)


Dorothy Thorpe pitcher and bowl


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130444983567#ht_500wt_922

Paid:  $3.00  Sold: $60.00     I had these in a lot with a champagne glass and another pitcher as you will see in the link.  I ended up breaking up the lot and selling the 2.  Its probably better this way.  They had been posted for awhile.     If you find Dorothy Thorpe items cheap, do not hesitate to pick them up.

Navy pea coat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130478654323#ht_1402wt_907

Its spring, and I am still selling winter coats.  If you find a pea coat for under $20.00 I would recommend buying them as long as they are in good shape.

Paid:12.99  Sold: 79.99

Corning percolator cord

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130483770627#ht_1402wt_907

Vintage corning percolator cords are not worth a ton but they do sell.  You can't sell certain corning percolator bodies on eBay due to recalls so people piece together parts when they have the body.

Paid:$0.50  Sold: $15.00

Ship wall hangings

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130504902469#ht_1402wt_907

Vintage nautical items sell pretty well so if you find anything old and nautical, its worth a look up.

Paid:$4.00 Sold: 50.00

Vintage adjustable  lighting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130504896458#ht_1402wt_907

These lamps are probably from the 70s judging from the cords.  The color is what told me I would be able to sell these,  it just stuck out at me.

Paid: $2.00 Sold: $45.00

Pendleton Tweed jacket

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130509513973#ht_485wt_1033

I say this all the time, but once again.  Its vintage and its Pendleton...  nuff said

Paid:  $4.99   Sold: 59.99

Graphic novel - Manga Naruto 1-27

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130493995677#ht_1402wt_907

Manga is expensive, but it sells.  If you find a large lot I would pay up to $1.00 per book.

Paid: $27.00  Sold: $100.00





Thats all for now, if you find this article helpful please give me a click on the above banner so I can get paid.   Thanks!  :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for stuff.

Search This Blog

Ways to make money selling online

Ways to make money selling online. The Spec Ops Seller's blog on Buying Low & Selling high.