FBA private labeling tools

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Running low on wrapping paper?




I ran out of brown wrapping paper a while back and I have been using brown paper grocery bags as a substitute when wrapping small to medium size packages. You can't beat free shipping supplies!

Well I just sold a domino rally set and the box measures 20x15x4 so this thing wouldn't fit into any of the grocery bags around the house, and I didn't feel like cutting a bunch of poly bags and piecing them together.

I was out doing yard work with the very lovely Mrs. Famous Turtle today so I remembered that I saw some yard waste bags in the shed so I decided to give it a shot.

The yard waste bag worked great, not to mention they are double lined so I still have enough bag left over to wrap another entire large box. This is a great way to use free (or almost free) materials and provide safe shipping for your customers.

2 comments:

  1. At the last eBay convention a few years ago the postal reps said that the USPS strongly discourages wrapping boxes in brown paper or any paper for that matter. The reason is because the paper can easily get mangled on the conveyor belts & along the route. If the outer paper gets mangled then you run the risk of losing both addresses as well as postage paid. Then your package is lost forever. Not trying to be a know-it-all....just passing on some valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info, thanks for the comment. I have personally never had any issues with using paper, but then again I only use it when I run out of my poly bags or have really large items.

    ReplyDelete

Looking for stuff.

Search This Blog

Ways to make money selling online

Ways to make money selling online. The Spec Ops Seller's blog on Buying Low & Selling high.