FBA private labeling tools

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

There are still treasures to be found, just like this one. + Recent sales

STAND This items was one of Olivia11dancer's recent sales.  I thought I would highlight it as a motivator for getting out to those thrift stores, and garage sales to find these treasures.

Olivia11dancer purchased the item for 25 cents at a small rummage sale in Burnsville Minnesota.   At the time she didn't even know what it was, but she knew she liked it.    This item spent the next 15 years without being identified until a couple of weeks ago, when Olivia11dancer decided to do some research on the statue.  


More types of frankart

The buyer of this stand will be restoring it to its original condition.  Hopefully they will send us some pictures when they are finished with it.

This sale gives me inspiration to get into the books, and do more research.  I think if I had found this statue for 25 cents I would have snatched it up too.

Speaking of research I think its time to go over some more sales.

UTICA STAINLESS STEEL FLATWARE MADE IN THE USA

Paid: $2.99  Sold:  99.99  

Why it sold:  Stainless steel flatware that is made in the USA is very desirable.  If you can find large lots, they sell very nicely.    I highly recommend you check out the flatware bins when you are at the thrift stores.  Pick up different forks, and feel the weights and the quality, then you will begin to understand why these are so desirable.    Flatware made in Korea or Japan usually vintage, and are good quality utensils.  Stay away from items made in China and Taiwan.

VINTAGE SWAG LAMPS

Paid: $5.99  Sold: 49.99

If you come across swag lamps I recommend picking them up if the price is right.  I knew this one would sell because it looked like iridescent carnival glass.    The big thing you need to know about swag lamps is whether or not the coloring is sprayed on, or if its the actual glass.  Sprayed on coloring will flake off and is not worth as much.    Ambers are the bottom of the bin while the greens, blues, and reds are the sure sales.

Things are finally starting to pick up again so I will have plenty of more sales to talk about soon, bookmark my blog if you have not already, and see what I post about next time.






If you find this article helpful please give me a click on the above banner so I can get paid.   Thanks  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for stuff.

Search This Blog

Ways to make money selling online

Ways to make money selling online. The Spec Ops Seller's blog on Buying Low & Selling high.