FBA private labeling tools

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How to ship a lamp shade

I had to ship a rustic 60s burlap lamp shade a couple of weeks ago and came up with a pretty good way to keep the shade from being crushed.   This one has already been delivered safe and sound.

Tools needed:  Bag of balloons, shrink wrap

Step #1 - Get your shade



Step #2 - fill up enough balloons to fill the shade, and place them inside.




Step #3 - Wrap the shade with shrink wrap, place the shade in a box big enough to fit the shade and enough room to ad some more padding and you are set.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks, thanks so much! This gave me the most excellent starting place for shipping a lamp w/shade. I was really stuck until I found your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found it useful. Let me know if you need any tips on shipping other items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant. That way the shade won't deform. The balloon will fill the space leaving it no room for deformation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow extremely helpful. Thank you! I need to ship internationally and I was a bit worried as was my customer.

    ReplyDelete

Looking for stuff.

Search This Blog

Ways to make money selling online

Ways to make money selling online. The Spec Ops Seller's blog on Buying Low & Selling high.