FBA private labeling tools

Monday, May 23, 2011

Time to take your medicine Mr. Famous Turtle

I recently shipped off a very neat pair of mid century lamps to California, and I just received a message stating that one of the lamps arrived in pieces. I was confident that I added shipping to this pair of lamps because they were fairly fragile. Well it turns out that I didn’t insure them so I am out $79.99.
I had to swallow a two big fat lesson pills today. The sad thing is I should know better.
Lesson #1 – Insure your items if they are fragile.
Even though I thought I insured the item, I should have double checked.
Lesson #2- Don’t skimp on packing material.

I didn’t skimp on the packing materials, but I am starting to get low so I need buy some more.

I have been very lucky with the customers who report broken items to me, and it probably has to do with my quick response and expedient refunds.
Here is a lesson for everyone else who is selling on ebay.

No matter how well you pack something things will always end up broken. It’s going to happen, so when it does happen, don’t get discouraged just respond quickly to the buyer, resolve the issue and move on.

Your next sale will help you forget about the broken item.

I have 14 items that need to get packed up. You can bet I will be paying extra attention to the insurance block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for stuff.

Search This Blog

Ways to make money selling online

Ways to make money selling online. The Spec Ops Seller's blog on Buying Low & Selling high.