FBA private labeling tools

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I recently opened up an Amazon store

Alrighty, so about 2 months ago I decided I wanted to try selling my video games on Amazon.  For those of you that don't know, I am a big gamer and love vintage / retro video games.  I decided to just go all out and pay for the pro merchant account which is $39.99 a month.

Of course the hardest part of this was trying to figure out what I was going to name my store!!!    Whenever I make a character in a video game, I always get stuck on picking names and how my character look.  ITS A BIG DEAL!   Well it didn't take me too long to figure out a name and thus,Sneaky Squirrel Games was born.

The reason I named my store Sneaky Squirrel Games is due to my special operations background in the Navy.   We have some very secretive mission in my line of work and when anyone I knew was going to go screen for DEVGRU I would always say they were going to go be Sneaky Squirrels.  I think it is a very fitting name and I hope everyone else likes it!

So within the first 3 months I have had some amazing results!  I have been averaging $3000 - $5000 a month in video game sales!  On top of that my ebay store is still going strong and I just had my highest month ever!  $6500.00 in sales!

I have a few tips for anyone that wants to sell video games online.  Picking the correct mailers for shipping is pretty important.    I have narrowed it down to 2 types of mailers.



These two types of self adhesive mailers are the ones that I use. Kraft bubble mailers are way to go, I have not had a single video game show up broken since I started using them.

The two sizes I have linked above are the 250 ct #0 Kraft Bubble Mailers 6.5" X8.5" Padded Envelopes which work great for the following types of video games:    Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Sega  ( loose cartridges ) PS1, PS3, Dreamcast and any other smaller game media.

If you are looking to ship Xbox 360, PS2, Sega CD, Sega Saturn or DVDs I recommend the #0 6.5x10" KRAFT BUBBLE MAILER PADDED ENVELOPES-250 qty.

If you are looking at the $30ish dollar price tag for the envelopes I can tell you they are well worth the money and they go a lot faster than you think.  I burned through a 250 ct box of the 6.5 x 8.5 mailers within the first month and now I have the 6.5 x 10 mailers but I will be ordering another box of 6.5 x 8.5s for my smaller games.

If you have not opened up an Amazon store, I highly recommend it, you wouldn't believe how fast games sell on there.  Well thanks for reading my post, good luck with all of your finds.

Famous Turtle OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for stuff.

Search This Blog

Ways to make money selling online

Ways to make money selling online. The Spec Ops Seller's blog on Buying Low & Selling high.