FBA private labeling tools

Saturday, February 26, 2011

"You need to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run"

Kenny Rogers, this one goes out to you.

A week ago I decided that I needed to clear out some space in my ebay room.  This was the first attempt at clearing my inventory of items that have not been moving or haven't had much interest (not to mention my wife is sick of looking at some of them).

This is a hard thing for me to do. I work really hard to try to find items that are valuable and/or are of interest to other people.  Therefore, having to admit that some of my items (all of which I also think are cool) may not ever sell, is humbling to me, to my bank account, and to my commitment my customers.

Whether I like it or not, however, this is a good move for FamousTurtle2010, my customers, and my storage space. So, like a great man once said,  "You've got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em...". Well the auctions are ending tomorrow. (if you're interested, you can check on them HERE). Right now its not looking too good for these items.   I know sometimes you have to cut your loses, learn from your decisions, and move on. Failure is a part of life, a part of selling on ebay, a part of everything, and handling it gracefully and with intelligence (and a great soundtrack) is, I think, a good way to go about things.

I'll report back later on the success (or failure) of my auctions once they close. Till then "...what every gambler knows, the secret to survival, is knowing what to throw away, knowing what to keep..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for stuff.

Search This Blog

Ways to make money selling online

Ways to make money selling online. The Spec Ops Seller's blog on Buying Low & Selling high.