FBA private labeling tools

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Good hunting day today

I got out of work early today, as I normally do on Fridays.   I decided to go hit my normal thrift store loop, of course when I started to head towards my first thrift store I realized that my phone was dead as a doornail.  Well when your on call for ied response, having your phone dead is a big no no.  SOOOOO  I decided to head home to look for my charger, and drop off a few packages at the post office.  Once I found my charger and dropped of my package, I was off to my first thrift store.

Goodwill #1 

 1950s hollywood regency mad men goose neck cone desk lamp to go along
 with another one I found on my previous 150 mile road trip.
 ( Now I have two of them to clean)

1950s industrial goose neck desk lamp, it says something about a writers lamp or
some thing like that on it.

A vintage woolrich hunting jacket which is NICE!  Should be worth some money.

By the time I found these  items my hands were full.    Call me superstitious, but I never grab a cart when I first walk into a thrift store.  If I do that I won't find a darn thing!    I try to rifle through stuff with my hands full, but decide its safer for my lamps, and other customers, if I go find a cart.

I grab my cart, and of course shoot through the store without finding anything else.  I pay for my finds, throw them in the car, and head to the next goodwill.

Goodwill #2

Vintage Duchin compote with a sterling silver base.  Score!
                     
Gorgeous syroco gold gilt filigree sunburst 8 day clock.  I love syroco stuff so this made                    
me very happy.   I think I may need this book

I took a look around the rest of the store, and didn't find anything else worth reporting.

Jacob's thrift store - Nothing to report.

Value Village

Donkey Kong Country SNES video game                        
Kirby Super Star SNES - Which is actually worth some money
Krusty's Funhouse SNES                         
Super Nintendo, which turned out to be broken, but I can still sell it no problem.                         
Super Mario World, which ALSO turned out to be broken, but I can take it back                       
Weighted PEWTER candlestick, which I thought was weighted STERLING until I got                       
home.  I will be taking this back too!

St. Vincent De Paul #1 - Big fat skunk

St. Vincent De Paul #2 - Bigger fat skunk...  God hates me...

Goodwill #3 - Biggest skunk, time to go home...

Well before I started off for home, I stopped over at a local new and used store, and did some research.    I found some stuff that I COULD have turned a profit on, but didn't have my reach backs so I didn't buy them.  They had some really nice hollywood regency lamps there, only $30.00 for the pair.  I am thinking I should have bought them.  The only problem is that they were huge.  I hate shipping big stuff.   UGH I may have to go back and pick them up though.

Anyways I did pretty well today over all.  I still have a TON of stuff to list this weekend.

Famous Turtle OUT!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for stuff.

Search This Blog

Ways to make money selling online

Ways to make money selling online. The Spec Ops Seller's blog on Buying Low & Selling high.